Tuesday, September 24, 2013

How to not have it all together

I'm a senior in college, I have good friends and I have decent grades, I laugh a lot with my friends and I cry a lot with them too. I have a good family, and I have a great dog. I am 21, and I've never been drunk, or anywhere close to drunk. I have a good head on my shoulders and I like to follow the rules, not often do I stray too far off the beaten path, but I like it that way. I just started tutoring peers and I had a job working with kids all summer, which is where I want my nursing career to take me. I've never failed a class, although I've failed a couple of tests. I have an amazing best friend, and I don't know how that happened, but I'm glad it did. I've had one boy tell me he loves me, and I've told one boy I love him my whole life. We are not together anymore. I burned through friends like gas my first three years in college, and I'm both scarred and better for it. I have a strong personality, that at times I think is hard to like. I'm very sarcastic. I like things done certain ways, and I like things done well, and I like things done as early as possible. I am the only single one out of my group of close friends. I have a plan of where I want my life to go, almost down to the minute. I know what I want and when I want it, but usually I don't know how to get it. I like watching trashy TV, and I'm the biggest Netflix binger out there. My favorite dinner is this chicken stuffing cheese casserole thing that my mom makes. One time, I baked cobbler and cookies for a boy because I thought it would make him like me, it didn't. I hate wearing jeans and I hate my hair down. I don't like to have my face touched, but if you rub my back you basically own my heart. I'm not a brownnoser and there isn't much I hate more than people who are. I don't like short cuts and I don't like people who lie and cheat to get ahead. I have a passion for kids with cancer, and recently am discovering a passion for little babies as well. I go to a therapist and I'm probably the most noncompliant patient around, I just like to talk about my problems and vent to someone who can't go tell this person or that person and who can offer me advice. I'm learning how to slowly rebuild myself. I have acne, I've kind of always had acne, and it's just now really catching up to me how scarring that's been to my emotional well being. I try, really hard, at everything I do, but it never seems to be hard enough. I am probably the least memorable person you'll ever meet. I'm awkward, not the kind of first meet awkward, but the forever kind of awkward, where I get more awkward the more you know me. I have difficulty expressing my feelings a lot of the time, except for anger, I'm almost always angry. I like to save my money, and I work really hard for it. This past year I've been rejected in more areas of my life than I can even count. I always pretend to bounce back though, but I don't think I really have  from any of them. I thought a boy liked me since my break up, but it turns out he's just like all the others. I'm still friends with my ex and it's killing me inside, it's not good for me. I want to travel more than anything but when I sit and think about it I come to the stark realization that I would have to travel alone. I'm probably never going to have children, even though I want them badly. When I'm especially lonely, I pick up way more hours than I ever should at my two jobs. I like to be busy, but I hate not having down time. I like to be alone, but I hate to be lonely. I'm not the fun one in the group and I'm the first one to say maybe we shouldn't do this. I like the work that I do. I have a thirst for knowledge and there isn't much I like more than learning about all different kinds of things, I wouldn't mind always being in school in one way or another. I'd like to get my Phd some day. I'd love to be a writer, and I'd love to be a baker and I'd love to be a CEO of a mega corporation. Most of all, I'd like to be a nurse.

And if you asked me to describe myself in one word it would be this: a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment